Paper mario fangame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few development suggestions

2 posters

Go down

A few development suggestions Empty A few development suggestions

Post by JRho Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Let's be honest, the forum's kinda dead right now. I think this is probably because a lot of people that'd want in on the project don't know that this is here. Here's what I propose:

-Make a progress thread on /qa/. The board is slow enough to keep the thread "alive", and it could really use the traffic since like, 10 people post there. This can serve as our "hub", where we can direct people to the forum and give people updates on the game itself to gain interest. On the occasion that threads are made on /v/, they can direct to that thread, or take images from there to garner interest. (Hell, I'll even take responsibility for the upkeep of the /qa/ thread if I need to)

-Make something original. Ripping assets can and will take us far, but we'll quickly have to make our own content. If we have something original to show off, people will start to gain confidence in the project, and maybe even choose to devote some of their own time to help.

-Get organized. We need guidelines. We need to know what resolution to make assets, what file types to use, and a convenient way to share it all. In addition, we might also want to actually give people primary positions (For example, I could primarily be an artist or something, but still give suggestions to all the writers and lorefags)

I really think we can make something cool and original. I know the people of 4chan have the talent for it, the only problem is getting that talent together in a cohesive fashion.

JRho

Back to top Go down

A few development suggestions Empty Re: A few development suggestions

Post by Gumbo Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Okay great. You make the /qa/ thread and post it here, considering I have no idea what /qa/ even is. We could make something original, but we have no artists, so that's... Gonna be difficult.

I'll make guidelines somewhere, where should I put them though?
Gumbo
Gumbo
Admin

https://starlessky.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JRho Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Gumbo wrote:Okay great. You make the /qa/ thread and post it here, considering I have no idea what /qa/ even is. We could make something original, but we have no artists, so that's... Gonna be difficult.

JRho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumbo Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:42 pm

JRho wrote:
Gumbo wrote:Okay great. You make the /qa/ thread and post it here, considering I have no idea what /qa/ even is. We could make something original, but we have no artists, so that's... Gonna be difficult.

...Was that supposed to have a comment attatched to it? All i see is the quote../..
Gumbo
Gumbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRho Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah, that's weird. Anyway, try and put it as a sticky on the artist's corner so artists know what format to use. That includes visual art, audio, and maybe even models.

JRho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumbo Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:58 pm

JRho wrote:Yeah, that's weird. Anyway, try and put it as a sticky on the artist's corner so artists know what format to use. That includes visual art, audio, and maybe even models.

Alright. I see you made a thread in /qa/, good to see. Hey, can you register for chatango and use the chat on the main forum page?
Gumbo
Gumbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum